Wednesday, January 12, 2011

pushing the REWIND button

i realized i never posted about thanksgiving!
we made a trip to Colorado. and thanks to another dear friend, jill, the trip was possible! love ya girl! she let us use some of her buddy passes thru frontier to get us home. and thank goodness we have this option because of the snow storm that hit...we would of never been able to drive! but that's not to say that we didn't have some difficulty getting out of bozeman's airport. our flight was suppose to leave at 10 and arrive in denver around noon...perfect timing to eat lunch with my parents, who were picking us up. well, buck drops us off at the airport & leaves to head into work. we get all checked in & there were plenty of seats left (because using buddy passes means you have to fly stand by) so we were issued actual tickets. they mentioned that the plane was delayed in denver (it was suppose to leave @ 8:15am to be in bozeman by 10) & hasn't left yet due to freezing fog. we all know that most times, fog burns off as morning progresses...but this wasn't the case. i talked to my parents & asked about the fog & they said it was so thick you couldn't even see to the back fence- which is probably 6 yards away! WOW! so i call buck's brother & ask, they live right by the airport. they said, "what fog?" so weird. we ended up eating lunch at the airport & waiting until 4pm to get out on our flight. it was a LONG day!!!!!
during our flight...the moon over the cloud cover...
Photobucket

happy to be in the air. happy to be in the 2nd row from the front!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket
she played with her barbies during the flight. she also ALWAYS plays with her barbies naked. not sure why. the flight attendant joked that she was going to tell the pilot that there was a bunch of naked girls in the back of the plane. LOL

Photobucket
when we arrived in denver we sat for another hour at the airport waiting for my littlest sister, brandy & her boyfriend, to get in from oregon. they were arriving at 6pm. what was another hour, eh? so if the roads were perfectly clear from bozeman to colorado...we could of already been at my parents house in the time it took us to fly! ah well! but it was a quick flight & no road worries. all i have to say is, "thank you" for modern technology! the girls had their DS's, ipods, leapsters & books! sanity keepers for this mom with nothing but time on her hands! i wished i hadn't packed my laptop charger because i could of done plenty on there! lesson learned!

i didn't get my camera back out until the day before thanksgiving. and even then, my dad told me, "hey, skillet, you should take pictures of this!" so i did. baking pies with my mom....the girls...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and i left my camera out & took these later that evening when we were having dinner. all of my sisters, brother-in-laws, mom & dad, grandma, my one niece- aspen, & the girls plus myself. all together! i haven't seen my littlest sister, brandy, for over 2 years! and no one has ever met chris, her boyfriend. i haven't seen her this happy in FOREVER!
Photobucket

and my sister (and aspen's mom), misty...
Photobucket

and my sister, crystal...
Photobucket

thanksgiving day:
we were planning on having a late thanksgiving dinner...so we didn't have to be up before the crack of dawn (like when i was a little girl). so aspen & chloe colored, made turkeys out of construction paper & paper cups (which i have no pictures of, ahem, misty...send it to me!!!).
Photobucket
i also gave my brother-in-law, todd (misty's husband) a lesson on their new camera...a canon T2i. and did a little bit of photo shooting just in the house.

and this is the point in my life where i've become nicknamed as the paparazzi! my sister, brandy, had warned chris of my picture loving ways. and even though my dad was being a turd about having to take time to do family pictures, he realized how much it meant to my mom & obliged! it was so cold out...8 if i remember right. the sun was going down & we were running out of daylight by the minute! i made a list of all the shots/groupings we wanted to get and started taking those outside...one by one. this is the first time we've had everyone together in 2 years...so these were super important!

too start...my girls...i brought that S all the way from MT for this shot.
Photobucket

my sister, brandy (the baby sister), and her boyfriend, chris...
Photobucket

brandy & chloe...
Photobucket

my sister, crystal (the 3rd sister), and her husband, bryan...
Photobucket

chloe with her favorite uncle (& aunt crystal)...
Photobucket

my sister, misty (the 2nd sister), todd & aspen
Photobucket

my mom & dad...
Photobucket

all six of us...
Photobucket

my grandma hazel with my mom. we call her grandma hazel nuts. she's a hoot!
Photobucket

the four of us girls in birth order from right to left...
Photobucket

buck was able to get on a 10am flight to denver on thanksgiving morning. the flight was all sold out! and someone didn't show up...so he got that last ticket!!! thanks again jill! he first went to his brother's house & had dinner there with his family. then drove out to my parents.
my family...
Photobucket

and the big family photo...
Photobucket

after dinner & pie...we headed to back to buck's brothers house. we stayed up & visited with his brother, sister & mom. then buck left the next morning at 8:15am to head back to bozeman. the girls & i stayed for one more day.
we had an early christmas...
Photobucket

uncle bo and chloe...
Photobucket

Photobucket

jordan & uncle bo...
Photobucket

we dilly dallied around brighton & shopped some black friday sales. next year, i will be getting up early & shopping more of those here. i missed out on some great deals! never thought i would be admitting that! we then went to eat at chili's...yumm-o! and headed back to play band hero & let chloe & zach play.
Photobucket

Photobucket

we headed back first thing the next morning at 8:15am. and back to our winter wonderland (which we missed the week we were gone).

No comments: