Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Colorado Springs Zoo

even though i grew up in colorado...i never had visited the cheyenne mountain zoo (in colorado springs). this was the one place i wanted to make sure & take the girls while we were on vacation. the main attraction is definitely the giraffe's. and i'm sure i'm a bit biased- they are my favorite zoo animal! i also didn't realize that this zoo was built slowly in layers up the side of the mountain. this made it difficult for my grandma at times...as well as my mom & aunt (my mom's sister & husband were also visiting from minnesota). but we made it! one of my best friends from CO, syalynne, met us there with her three kids. my sister crystal & her step-daughter, kaitlin, also joined us.
Photobucket

i was super excited to take photos with my new camera. however, i will tell you that going to the zoo with 17 people makes it hard to keep everyone in one place & more importantly...your kids all together in one place. jordan would go off with remi. brinley would go off with aunt crystal & kaitlin. chloe & payton would wander around us...my dad was usually close by. lynne would stay with her little guy, colston. my grandma would wander off- but that is how it always is with her. my aunt peggy & mike would go off. my mom either was with my dad, my aunt or looking for my grandma. i was fluttering around trying to capture a million photo opportunities at once. while i didn't capture some of the moments like i had imagined before we even came...the ones i did capture, i'm super stoked about! i definitely have some favorites.
Photobucket

Photobucket
that's my dad in the cowboy hat watching jordan, brinley & remi feed the giraffe's lettuce.

those tongues- chloe did NOT like. they were so scary to her!
Photobucket

Photobucket

i love this one of chloe & my dad...
Photobucket

Photobucket

syalynne's kiddos...
Photobucket
i forget how hard it is to take photos of little persons. colston wouldn't hold still. & then he wanted a photo of just him. so we had him pose & then rem & peyton came in & i took the photo! LOL

i almost missed this owl...i love owls...this one is super pretty & so majestic looking.
Photobucket

chloe loved this parrot, named buddy. she spent the majority of our time in the bird house with him & watching him eat his seed lunch out of foam.
Photobucket

Photobucket

another one of papa & chloe...
Photobucket

Photobucket

now the monkey house was probably my most favorite part of the zoo! they were so entertaining. all of them were! jordan has some really great video from her camera but it takes a full day to upload...so you'll just have to take my word! these photos of chloe & these monkey's are some of my favorites from the day...not crisp nor perfect...but capture the moment perfectly!
Photobucket

Photobucket

and brinley is starting to be camera shy...she positions herself in places where i'm NOT! naughty girl! this is what i have to say to her...via giraffe talk...
Photobucket

so this is my best shot...and it's a posed one! meaning stand here, let me take your pic. she's not enthused in the slightest!
Photobucket

jordan carried her camera around in this small little clinique apple bag. it didn't taker her long before she figured out that the giraffe's thought it was a piece of the lettuce & so they would come up & try taking a bite.
Photobucket

and my most willing subject these days is jordan...
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: